2017 Memorial Mile
Monday, May 29, 2017
The 2017 Memorial Mile is the inaugural one mile race that benefits Great Plains LIFE Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping at-risk students graduate from high school and assisting them to find educational opportunities after they graduate. This race will be a one mile, timed race that will primarily follow the Memorial Day Parade Route in Downtown Bloomington and will finish in Miller Park.
Packet pick-up is available at Fleet Feet Sports Bloomington from 3pm - 5pm on Sunday, May 28 or from 6:00am - 6:45am at Miller Park before the race on Monday
There will be 5 heats in the following divisions:
- 7:00 am ~ Men 19 and up
- 7:20 am ~ Women 19 and up
- 7:40 am ~ Youth 18 and under
- 8:00 am ~ Elite - You must be faster than 6:30 min/mile for women and 6:00 min/mile for men to run this wave
- 8:10 am ~ Recreational - Joggers, Walkers, Families, Dog Walkers, Strollers
Earlybird Registration through 5/1 $15.00 (no t-shirt)
Earlybird Registration through 5/1 $25.00 (with t-shirt)
Registration 5/2 - 5/29 $20.00 (no t-shirt)
Registration 5/2 - 5/29 $30.00 (with t-shirt)
The awards ceremony will begin at approximately 8:30 am.
- Elite - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place men and women
- Men - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall; 1st place age group: 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and over
- Women - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall; 1st place age group: 19-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60 and over
- Youth - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place overall, 13 and under, 14-16 and 17-18
- Recreational - no awards
- For the safety of all participants absolutely no headphones, strollers or dogs will be permitted on the course (except for the recreational division).
- T-shirt sizes are guaranteed to all participants registered by May 15.
- Race will be chip timed by It's Race Time - runners will have a chip finish time.
- Please note that the entry fee paid is non-refundable and non-transferable. The Race Director may delay or cancel the event if the conditions on race day are unsafe. In the event of a cancellation no refunds of the entry fee or any other costs in connection with the event will be given. All proceeds (rain or shine) are donated to Great Plains LIFE Foundation.
Race questions? Contact Julie Sibley at 309-808-3220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in being a race sponsor? Contact Liz Skinner at 309-828-3406 or email email@example.com
Click here for 2016 results